Optometry: Science, Techniques and Clinical Management, 2nd Edition
In StockTable of Contents
New to This Edition
An introduction to the theory and practice of optometry in one succinct volume.
From the fundamental science of vision to clinical techniques and the management of common ocular conditions, this book encompasses the essence of contemporary optometric practice.
Now in full colour and featuring over 400 new illustrations, this popular text which will appeal to both students and practitioners wishing to keep up to date has been revised significantly. The new edition incorporates recent advances in technology and a complete overview of clinical procedures to improve and update everyday patient care. Contributions from well-known international experts deliver a broad perspective and understanding of current optometric practice.
- Comprehensive and logical coverage detailing the full spectrum of optometric practice in one volume.
- Succinctly covers the basics of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, investigative techniques and clinical management of common eye conditions to provide key topics likely to be met in clinical practice.
- Discusses the full range of refractive correction, from spectacles and contact lenses to surgical treatment.
- Includes chapters on the management of special populations, including paediatric, elderly, low vision and special needs patients.
- Heavily illustrated throughout with key diagrams and images to support the text.
"This is a great primer on the primary care of optometric patients. It would not be possible to go into any great depth on any one topic, but this book provides a comprehensive overview of the entire spectrum of the field of optometry. It is written in an easy to read format that will enable students and busy practitioners to quickly access information of interest. There is no other single book available that can compare to the wealth of information in this one. It is a very worthwhile contribution and a book that every optometry student and optometrist should have."
Weighted Numerical Score: 92 - 4 Stars! - Doodys Review - March 2010
"The editors and authors achieved the primary objective of producing a basic or introductory book on the science and practice of optometry… This book is highly recommended as a valuable addition to any optometrist’s library."
Optometry and Vision Science, Vol. 88, No. 7, July 2011
- Complete restructuring of contents into three sections: basic sciences, clinical techniques and patient management.
- Full colour throughout with over 400 illustrations.
- Many new chapters reflecting the changes in optometric practice and technology over the last 20 years, including new imaging and diagnostic procedures and methods of ocular treatment and refractive correction.
- Now includes internationally renowned authors from around the world.
- >Details a full range of refractive and management approaches for patient care.
By Mark Rosenfield, MCOptom, PhD, FAAO, Associate Professor, SUNY College of Optometry, New York, NY, USA and Nicola Logan, MCOptom, PhD, Lecturer in Optometry, School of Life & Health Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham, UK