Spanish Terminology for the Eyecare Team
Convenient and pocket-sized, this unique eyecare resource helps improve communication and patient care in every office that serves Spanish-speaking patients. It mimics how each member of the eyecare team interacts with patients, aiding clinicians and office workers in formulating explanations, instructions, and questions in Spanish. A companion audio CD-ROM provides the English-to-Spanish translation of every phrase in the book.Table of Contents
- Covers everything from salutations to case histories and follow up care - in the style the eyecare team interacts with patients, related to both administration and procedures.
- Uses simple, non-technical terms to maximize patient comprehension for both yes/no and open-ended questions.
- Includes a companion audio CD-ROM that provides the English-to-Spanish translation of every phrase in the book, plus printable patient handouts in Spanish.
- Features contributions by an ophthalmologist to enhance surgical coverage, while contributions by an optician provide more coverage of dispensing and front office exchanges.
- Contains anatomical diagrams labeled in Spanish.
- Provides extensive coverage of contact lenses and specific conditions such as eye injuries.
- Includes a glossary offering an English-to-Spanish list of common words and phrases divided by categories - such as days of the week, interrogative questions, common optometric terms, and other terms in common use that are not necessarily related to optometry.
- Provides several versions of equivalent expressions so that users with different styles of communication will be able to select the expressions that they like best.
By Brian Chou, OD, Private Practice, Carmel Mountain Vision Care, San Diego, CA, USA