The Optometrist's Practitioner-Patient Manual
New to This Edition
There are many occasions in clinical practice when a picture will tell a thousand words. For all optometrists who would like to be able to show their patients simple, clear and high quality illustrations of procedures and conditions, The Optometrist’s Practitioner-Patient Manual is the answer.
Moving through anatomy, spectacle lenses, abnormal conditions, contact lenses and binocular vision, this practical and durable handbook is an excellent chair-side aid for practitioners to help patients understand their ocular conditions. It can help you explain why specific tests are being advised or a certain optical aid is being prescribed.
With full colour throughout and incorporating patient reading charts, this unique manual encourages patient understanding, patient compliance and loyalty whilst being a real time-saver for practitioners. No practice should be without it!
• The first practitioner-patient manual for optometrists
• Over 250 full colour, ultra-clear illustrations
• All common conditions covered
• Lie-flat binding for ease of use
• Includes reading charts
• A truly invaluable tool to aid practitioner-patient communication
- The first practitioner-patient manual for optometrists
- Over 150 full colour, ultra-clear illustrations
- All common conditions covered
- Lie-flat binding for ease of use
- Laminated pages for robust long life
- Includes reading charts
- A truly invaluable tool to aid practitioner-patient communication
"The unique manual is highly recommended for optometrists who value the importance of keeping their patients informed. It will save them time spent looking through various book for appropriate pictures or frequently sketching diagrams. This is one book that will not collect dust on the shelf." - Clinical and Experimental Optometry, July 2009
By Anthony J. Phillips, MPhil, FBOA, HD, FAAO, FBCO, FVCO, FCLSA, DCLP, Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders Medical Centre and The Women's and Children's Hospital, Adelaide, Australia