Manual of Contact Lens Prescribing and Fitting with CD-ROM, 3rd Edition
Written in a concise, practical, outline manner, Manual of Contact Lens Prescribing and Fitting, 3rd Edition follows the logical progression of patient care, from basic prefitting topics, through rigid lens, soft lenses and advanced/specialty issues. Valuable management information assists in fitting and problem-solving situations, and clinical pearls in every chapter highlight key points. The companion CD-ROM uses video, animation, and morphing to demonstrate the skills of movement and position that are necessary to correctly fit rigid contact lenses.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Two new chapters on patient selection and contact lens optics.
- Contributions from new authors and updating throughout to reflect the newest modalities and references.
- Thoroughly revised CD-ROM is more user-friendly for both the student and clinician, with additional color images and information on Soft Contacts and the Tear Film, Translating Bifocals (Multimedia), Keratoconus, and Post-Penetrating Keratoplasty.
- Covers both rigid and soft contact lenses.
- Enhances the reader's understanding through video and animation on the CD-ROM.
- Begins with prefitting topics and ends with specialty topics, progressing logically as the optometrist would care for the patient.
By Milton M. Hom, OD, FAAO, Private Practice, Azusa, CA; and Adrian S. Bruce, BScOptom PhD FAAO FVCO, Senior Optometrist, Victorian College of Optometry, University of Melbourne, Australia