Board Stiff TEE
Following the success of his Board Stiff and Board Stiff Too review books for the oral boards in anesthesiology, Dr. Gallagher strikes again with Board Stiff TEE: Transesophageal Echocardiography. Humorous, yet pragmatic, this new book reviews all of the knowledge covered in the new competence examination in perioperative transesophageal echocardiography (PTEeXAM). Schematic drawings make complex concepts easier to understand, and a valuable appendix tackles quantitative problems associated with TEE. The result is a highly effective, enjoyable, and affordable review tool on this increasingly important monitoring modality.Table of Contents
- Provides a detailed review of all of the PTEeXAM topics listed by the National Board of Echocardiography.
- Features a humorous, engaging style very different from other TEE resources.
- Offers 150 schematic drawings that clarify difficult concepts and problems.
- Includes an appendix that provides detailed problem-solving guidance on quantitative aspects of TEE,such as gradients, valve areas, and chamber pressures.
- Presents recommendations on other helpful books, meetings, and study material on TEE.
By Christopher J. Gallagher, MD, Staff Anesthesiologist, Florida Gulf to Bay Anesthesiology, Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL