Medical Spanish, 4th Edition
The Instant Survival Guide
Every English-speaking health professional who works with Spanish-speaking patients will appreciate this handy resource. Two of California's leading Spanish language educators present a wide variety of questions dealing with a full range of health issues -- from medical to administrative, from psychiatric to nutritional, from greetings and social amenities to medical forms. Designed to elicit a 'yes or no' answer, these questions are ideal for users with no knowledge of Spanish. The new 4th Edition offers updated and expanded coverage of mental health and psychiatry, workplace injury and occupational health, AIDS/HIV, child and adult vaccinations, environmental toxins, sun exposure, sports medicine, cancer, and much more.Table of Contents
- Offers a user-friendly organization that makes the right content easy to find quickly.
- Covers both emergency and routine situations.
- Includes cultural considerations, highlighting cultural and religious issues that can affect health care.
- Provides a Glossary of commonly used terms.
- Presents updated and expanded material on mental health and psychiatry · workplace injury and occupational health · AIDS/HIV · child and adult vaccinations · environmental toxins · sun exposure · sports medicine · cancer · and many other important topics.
By Cynthia J. Wilber, Program Coordinator, Jasper Ridge Biological Preserve Stanford University, Stanford, CA US Director of Proyecto Itzaes, Chicxulub Puerto, Yucatan, Mexico; and Susan Lister, Instructor of Spanish for Health Care Providers, DeAnza College, Cupertino, CA