Easy-to-read and well-organized, this one-of-a-kind resource offers a basic introduction in both electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS). Inside, readers will find expert guidance on how to perform and interpret EMGs as well as the fundamental principles of electrodiagnostic testing. Readers will also find coverage of the testing of the most common conditions encountered in daily practice. At-a-glance tables, combined with clear illustrations showing the correct needle placement for each condition, and a convenient pocket size, make this the ideal reference to carry on the go or have on hand in the lab.Table of Contents
- Provides a quick presentation of just the basic facts needed by the beginner.
- Includes illustrations on how to perform basic nerve conduction studies and needle EMG, providing two resources in one.
- Reviews commonly encountered conditions to assist the reader with turning theory into practice.
- Presents quick access to information on the most common conditions seen in practice.
- Features at-a-glance tables that concisely present complicated information.
- Depicts precise needle placement through unique computer-generated illustrations.
By Lyn D Weiss, MD, Chairman and Director of Residency Training, Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Director of Electrodiagnostic Services, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY, USA