Optometric Practice Management, 2nd Edition
Out of Stock
While the business aspect of an optometrist's practice may come second to patient care, optometrists today are faced with greater competition for new patients and income. This updated guide shows readers how to work smarter through effective practice management to offset reduced earnings due to fixed reimbursements of managed care and competition from 1-800 contact lens companies and chains selling discount frames and lenses. Drawing on over 40 years of experience, the author presents practical strategies for addressing the problems of day-to-day practice, and explains how to develop business and marketing plans without detracting from the optometrist's professional image. This edition features an increased focus on how to work with partners (including how to exit gracefully from a partnership), how to start a part-time practice, and how to be creative in practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Completely re-written and updated.
- 4 new chapters cover topics such as practice locations, part-time practicing, managed care, management of un-met vision needs, and the office of the future.
- An increased focus on how to work with partners, including how to exit gracefully from a partnership.
- A discussion of how to start a part-time practice addresses real-world considerations and practical strategies.
- Hot new topics such as co-management of patients, gender and ethnicity, senior patient concerns, and discounting.
- Authored by an expert in the field of practice management and optometry for the most effective, realistic advice and guidance.
- Concise, readable text synthesizes the author's 40-plus years of expertise in optometric practice.
- Necessary business and marketing skills are presented in a way that is compatible the optometrist's professional image.
- Tips and tools are provided on how to approach the client as both a consumer and a patient.
- Helpful information for students or optometrists who own or are planning to own their own practice.