Stroke in Children and Young Adults, 2nd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The revised and updated second edition of this comprehensive text continues to offer careful critical evaluation and authoritative advice on stroke, the most complicated disease affecting the nervous system of children and young adults. New chapters, the latest guidelines from the American Heart Association, tips for preventing misdiagnoses, and more provide you with the knowledge you need to make the best clinical and management decisions of both common and rare cerebrovascular disorders in the young population. Tightly focused, this fully referenced textbook fills the void in the literature by including detailed discussions on topics such as stroke in neonates, atherosclerotic cerebral infarction in young adults, strokes caused by migraines, stroke during pregnancy, and a myriad of others. Up-to-date tables containing rich troves of data along with the careful selection of multiple references further enhances your acumen.
New to This Edition
- Features new chapters on Applied Anatomy, Pediatric CNS Vascular Malformation, and Vascular Disorders of the Spinal Cord to keep you on the cusp of this challenging and burgeoning field.
- Presents data from the latest American Heart Association guidelines for stroke in children and young adults—coauthored by Dr. Biller—to help you make better informed evaluation and management decisions.
- Provides tips on how to prevent misdiagnosis.
- Offers the latest knowledge on therapy and rehabilitation to help you chose the best treatment options.
- Includes more images to enhance visual guidance.
- Offers practical, clinical guidance on stroke and stroke related issues, such as atherosclerotic cerebral infarction, non-atherosclerotic cerebral vasculopathies, cardiac disorders, and disorders of hemostasis to broaden your knowledge base.
- Includes an overview of stroke types, risk factors, prognosis, and diagnostic strategies in neonates, children, and young adults to help you better manage every condition you see.
- Discusses the diverse etiologies of stroke in children and young adults to increase awareness in the differences of presenting signs between children and adults.
By José Biller, MD, FAAN, FACP, FAHA, Professor and Chairman, Department of Neurology, Loyola University Health System, Maywood, IL