Essentials of Ophthalmic Lens Finishing, 2nd Edition
This book may take up to 5 business days to ship
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Both opticians and optometrists are trained to grind and polish lenses and then to take the surfaced lens and finish it by centering it optically and grinding the edges so that the lens fits in the shape of the chosen frame. Thoroughly revised and updated with seven new chapters to cover changes in the industry, this 2nd edition provides a step-by-step understanding of lens finishing for the optometrist or optician.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Content has been completely updated, reorganized and expanded to include the most recent industry changes.
- Updated photos illustrate the most current types of lenses and enhance comprehension of lens finishing.
- Seven new chapters cover rimless and semi rimless frames; environmental and safety concerns; lens insertion and standard alignment; nylon cord and other groove mountings; lens tinting and engraving; progressive addition lenses; and lens impact and resistance testing.
- An appendix of specific British Standards allows the book to easily travel to the UK and other countries that fashion their dispensing programs after the UK model.
- The Lens Centration Skills Series provides exercises to practice lens finishing and reinforce material from the text.
REVIEW OF CURRENT EDITION:
"Most optical books presume the reader has some basic knowledge to build upon. This book, however, makes no assumptions and guides the reader through the steps necessary to become proficient with the foundations of everyday optics. The author did a very commendable job in achieving these important and necessary objectives. Learning optics can be intimidating for many but this book simplifies the important concepts in a succinct and easy to follow format. Every office that hires opticians or optical assistants should have a copy of this book."
"This book, accurately titled, is a detailed compendium of information required to understand lens finishing in an ophthalmic laboratory. The book is comprehensively written from the viewpoint of physically performing the activities and processes in a finishing laboratory. The most impressive aspect of this book is the thoroughness and extreme attention to detail. It is difficult to imagine a specialty situation or nuance that is not addressed in this book. Each chapter is enhanced with a liberal number of figures and photographs that are very useful."
- Optometry and Vision Science - VOL. 81
By Clifford W. Brooks, OD, Professor and Director of the Optometric Technician program, University of Indiana, School of Optometry, Bloomington, USA