Investigative Techniques and Ocular Examination
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Based on a highly successful series of articles published through the "Optician" journal, this text outlines the range of clinical ocular investigative techniques available to the optometrist and dispensing optician. High-quality, full-color illustrations accompany clear descriptions of all clinical procedures associated with effective ocular examination, from the basics of how to use the slit lamp to more complex visual field assessments such as the examination of ocular blood flow. Clinical, comprehensive and contemporary, this practical text relates knowledge to practice by outlining the benefits, advantages, disadvantages, and pitfalls of each procedure, as well as when and where to use it. This book is an invaluable clinical handbook for anyone involved in the examination of the eye.Table of Contents
- Content builds from the basics, detailing easier procedures and concepts before moving on to more complex clinical ocular investigative techniques.
- An evidence-based approach frequently cites expert sources.
- Original articles from the Optician series have been extensively edited to form an easy-to-follow, cohesive book on investigative techniques.
- Key point and summary tables highlight important points for quick reference.
- Practical advice is offered on procedures and interpretation of results, with tips on potential pitfalls.
""The first impression gained from flicking through this small volume is the excellence of the photographs and illustrations, followed by great expectations of quality when viewing the list of contributors. The reader won't be disappointed! The book would be a welcome addition to any opthalmic department library of optometry practice. It would provide an excellent source of information on general ophthalmology knowledge and skills for orthoptists and orthoptic students. There is something in this volume for everyone."" Bryan Allport, British and Irish Orthoptic Society, January 2004
By Sandip Doshi, PhD, MCOptom, Optometrist in private practice, Hove, East Sussex, UK; Examiner, College of Optometrists, London, UK; Formerly Clinical Editor, Optician journal; and William Harvey, MCOptom, Visiting Clinician and Boots Opticians' Tutor Practitioner, Fight for Sight Optometry Clinic, City University, London, UK; Clinical Editor, Optician, Reed Business Information, Sutton, UK; Examiner, College of Optometrists, London, UK