Energy Medicine in Therapeutics and Human Performance
Limited Stock - Order Soon
Focusing on the wealth of information emerging in the area of energy medicine, this unique resource explores mechanisms by which mind and body processes influence the body's healing and performance potential. Content draws on an extraordinary range of sources to explore theories of human energy — from physiology and biophysics, to examples drawn from the realms of "spontaneous healing," cutting-edge athletic and artistic performance, the martial arts, and various contemplative and spiritual practices. Providing new insights and theoretical models, it offers ways to apply these concepts directly, practically, and clinically.
- Provides an understanding of the nature of energy medicine by exploring science and common experience
- Explains complex scientific concepts in ways that are both vivid and easy to grasp
- Connects abstract theories with practical applications
- Addresses technical detail in a manner that allows readers from different backgrounds and with different depths of experience to choose their own level of access
- Includes detailed references with cutting-edge research and time-tested studies for the most well rounded perspective on the subject
- Written by a well-known and highly respected author in this complex and emerging field of study
By James L. Oschman, PhD, Previously Postdoctoral Fellow, Neurobiology Lab, VA Hospital, Pittsburgh; Visiting Scientist, Dept of Zoology, Cambridge University, UK; Postdoctoral Fellow, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio; Postdoctoral Fellow Inst of Biological Chemistry, University of Copenhagen; Asst Prof of Biological Sciences and Director of Electron Microscope Lab, Northwestern University, Illinois; faculty member and lecturer in anatomy and physiology at Rolf Institute, Boulder, Colorado; served as Director, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Acting President and member of Faculty at New England School of Acupuncture.