Physiotherapy in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 2nd Edition
Limited Stock - Order Soon
The second edition of this classic physiotherapy text for undergraduate students, junior physiotherapists, and practitioners specializing in obstetrics and gynecology explores the scientific, philosophical, and practical basis behind all aspects of clinical intervention. This book contains a detailed anatomical description of the female reproductive and urinary tract with the associated structures along with the physiology of reproduction and pregnancy with a thorough account of the physiotherapists' role.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Information has been updated to reflect modern practice and recent changes in the electrotherapy machines used in labor.
- Amazingly thorough coverage of the physiotherapist's role in obstetrics and gynecology make this resource the definitive one of its kind.
- Information includes detailed anatomical descriptions of the female reproductive, urinary and lower intestinal tracts together with associated structures.
- Material on the physiology of reproduction, pregnancy, parturition, the puerperium, menopause, and more makes this text the definitive resource of its kind.
- Practical content features a reasoned account of the physiotherapist's role preconceptually, through the reproductive cycle, to the middle years and beyond.
- Comprehensive coverage includes a wide range of gynecological pathologies and relevant surgeries.
- Detailed coverage of treatment of incontinence provides helpful knowledge to any practitioner.
"The book achieves it's aim as an encompassing reference book and would also serve well as a quick reference guide for any physiotherapy department."
In Touch, Spring 2005, G Gallaway BSc, MCSP
By Jill Mantle, BA, GradDipPhys, MCSP, DipTP, Senior Lecturer, Physiotherapy Division, Institue of Health and Rehabilitation, University of East London, UK; Jeanette Haslam, MPhil GradDipPhys MCSP SRP, Sen Vis Fellow UEL; and Sue Barton, MSc DipEd MCSP DipTP DipRG & RT DipTHRF