Mobilisation with Movement
The Art and the Science
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
New to This Edition
The Mulligan technique is an extremely popular technique for manual therapists who are keen to learn more of the techniques and the evidence base behind them. This book presents a one stop source of Brian Mulligan’s Mobilisation With Movement (MWM) management approach for musculoskeletal pain, injury and disability that integrates evidence base into clinical practice. The material is presented in a way that is accessible both to the student practitioner and advanced practitioner of musculoskeletal healthcare.
• a systematic review of the evidence for the technique’s efficacy
• a review of the current state of Mulligan’s 'positional fault hypothesis'
• a new model of the mechanisms by which Mobilisation with Movement works
• demonstrates the clinical application of Mobilisation with Movement through twelve cases by leading practitioners
• more advanced aspects of the clinical application are developed and critiqued, including guidelines on dosage and troubleshooting options
• the accompanying DVD demonstrates techniques from the text and features Brian Mulligan
By Bill Vicenzino, PhD MSc BPhty Grad Dip Sports Phty, Professor of Sports Physiotherapy, Head of Physiotherapy, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia; Wayne Hing, PhD, MSc(Hons), ADP(OMT), DipMT, DipPhys, FNZCP, Associate Professor, Head of Research, School of Rehabilitation and Occupation Studies, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand; Darren Rivett, PhD, MAppSc(ManipPhty), BAppSc(Phty), GradDipManip Ther, Professor of Physiotherapy, Head of School, School of Health Sciences, Faculty of Health, The University of Newcastle, NSW, Australia and Toby Hall, PhD, MSc, Post Grad Dip Manip, FACP, Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, Adjunct Senior Teaching Fellow (Curtin University), Snr Teaching Fellow (The University of Western Australia), Director Manual Concepts