Crash Course: Pharmacology E-Book, 4th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This book takes the reader through the fundamental principles of pharmacology in a comprehensive yet concise format. The molecular basis of pharmacology, drugs and receptors, pharmacokinetics and drug interactions are all considered, along with the inclusion of the latest drug guidelines and recommendations. Each chapter is prefaced with a set of learning objectives and the book also features an extensive self-assessment section of MCQs, short-answer and essay questions for the reader to determine gaps in knowledge and prepare for exams.
New to This Edition
- Fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for current examination practice!
- Includes useful 'Learning Objectives' at the start of each chapter.
- Integrated approach between basic and clinical sciences provides a firm basis for problem solving in clinical practice.
- Includes new chapter on pain control and anaesthesia.
- Fully updated to include feedback from hundreds of students!
- Provides the exam syllabus in one place!
- Written by senior medical students or junior doctors - authors who really understand today's exam situation!
- Senior Faculty Advisors ensure complete accuracy of the text!
- Full artwork programme, improved 'Hints and Tips' boxes, and 'Clinical Application' boxes help you remember the key points!
- Self-Assessment section - fully updated to reflect new curriculum requirements - helps you maximise your grade!
- Solid, accurate, user-friendly coverage provides enough detail even for those aiming at distinction!
By Elisabetta Battista, MBBS, BSc, Fifth Year Medical Student, Guy's, Kings & St. Thomas', King's College, London