Clinical Immunology, 4th Edition
Principles and Practice (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Offer your patients the best possible care with clear, reliable guidance from one of the most respected and trusted resources in immunology. Authoritative answers from internationally renowned leaders in the field equip you with peerless advice and global best practices to enhance your diagnosis and management of a full range of immunologic problems.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Catch a glimpse of the future. "On the Horizon" boxes and discussion of translational research at the end of many chapters summarize especially promising research and development over the next 5 - 10 years.
- Keep current with the latest knowledge and evidence-based practices. Comprehensive updates throughout include up-to-the-minute information on topics like atherosclerosis, recurrent fever syndromes, aging and deficiencies of innate immunity.
- Find information quickly thanks to a user-friendly format, featuring new color-coded "Key Concepts", "Clinical Pearls", "Clinical Relevance", and "Therapeutic Principles" boxes that signpost critical information.
- Access the fully searchable text online at expertconsult.com, along with regular updates, downloadable images, and Board review questions ideal for certification and recertification preparation.
- Depend on authoritative information from leading experts in the field who equip you with peerless advice and global best practices to enhance your diagnosis and management of a full range of immunologic problems.
- Focus on the information that’s most relevant to your daily practice through a highly clinical focus and an extremely practical organization that expedites access to the answers you need.
- Stay at the forefront of your field with cutting-edge coverage of the human genome project, immune-modifier drugs, and many other vital.
"The authors and editors have taken pains to make the text clinician-friendly...The page layout is pleasing to the eye and easy to use." - JAMA, review of the last edition
"This is a 'must have' book for any serious student of clinical immunology...Certain highlights stand out for me: the use of line diagrams to supplement histological photographs is excellent- to provide clarity to the features that are being demonstrated...overall , thiw book is very readable and user friendly, despite the size, and I learnt a lot. I heartily recommend this book."
British Journal of Immunology, December 2013
Edited by Robert R. Rich, MD, Professor of Medicine and Microbiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA; Thomas A Fleisher, MD, FAAAAI, FACAAI, Adjunct Professor of Pediatrics, USUHA, Chief, Department of Laboratory Medicine, NIH Clinical Center, Natonal Institutes of Health, Bethesda MD, USA; William T. Shearer, MD, PhD, Professor of Pediatrics and of Pathology and Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Chief, Allergy and Immunology Service, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, TX, USA; Harry Schroeder, Professor of Medicine, Microbiology, and Genetics; Anthony J. Frew, MD, FRCP, Professor of Allergy and Respiratory Medicine, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Brighton General Hospital, Brighton, UK and Cornelia M. Weyand, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine: Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford, CA, USA