Crash Course Rheumatology and Orthopaedics, 3rd Edition
Crash Course - your effective every day study companion PLUS the perfect antidote for exam stress! Save time and be assured you have all the information you need in one place to excel on your course and achieve exam success.
A winning formula now for over 15 years, each volume has been fine tuned and fully updated, with an improved layout tailored to make your life easier. Especially written by junior doctors - those who understand what is essential for exam success - with all information thoroughly checked and quality assured by expert Faculty Advisers, the result is a series of books which exactly meets your needs and you know you can trust.
Musculoskeletal problems represent a significant and increasing challenge in primary and secondary care, linked to an aging population, the anticipated obesity epidemic and active sports participation. It is inevitable that all doctors will need to manage patients with orthopaedic and rheumatological problems. Musculoskeletal medicine is a rapidly changing field subject to much clinical and basic science research. This superb new edition provides clear and concise coverage of the diseases that affect the musculoskeletal system and the new understanding that underlies their pathologies and treatments.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Fully updated self-assessment section – ideal for current examination practice!
- Includes useful ‘Learning Objectives’ at the start of each chapter.
- Pharmacological and disease management information updated in line with current best practice guidelines.
- Includes recent research findings.
- Discusses key aspects of patient communication – presented in easy ‘Communication’ boxes.
- Fully updated to include feedback from hundreds of students!
- More than 250 artworks, tables, photographs and boxes present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by junior doctors for students - authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
Comments from current and previous editions
At UEA this book is a godsend for the second unit of the first year. It's simple, clear and easy to understand. It covers all of the curriculum and explains it in an understandable format.
I love this book!
Medical Student, UEA
This is another great Crash Course book. Where other topics involve detailed pathology, in many cases orthopaedics is better expressed by diagrams and Crash Course Rheumatology and Orthopaedics has lots of these - and they're very easy to understand. With concise, but yet very readable information, this book gives a good base to build orthopaedic knowledge. I would recommend it to anyone who can't tell their Smith's from their Colles.
MAD, the official journal of Barts and The London Student's Association
By Cameron Elias-Jones, MBChB MRCS(Edin), Specialty Registrar, Trauma and Orthopaedics, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, UK and Martin Perry, MBChB BSc(Hons) MRCP(UK) FHEA, Specialist Registrar in Rheumatology, Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley, UK