Dermatology: 2-Volume Set, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Dermatology, edited by world authorities Jean L. Bolognia, MD, Joseph L. Jorizzo, MD, and Julie V. Schaffer, MD, is an all-encompassing medical reference book that puts the latest practices in dermatologic diagnosis and treatment at your fingertips. It delivers more comprehensive coverage of basic science, clinical practice, pediatric dermatology, and dermatologic surgery than you’ll find in any other source. Whether you’re a resident or an experienced practitioner, you’ll have the in-depth, expert, up-to-the-minute answers you need to overcome any challenge you face in practice.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Visualize more of the conditions you see in practice with over 3500 illustrations, of which over 1,400 are new: 1,039 clinical images, 398 pathology slides, and 152 schematics.
- Stay at the forefront of your field with updated treatment methods throughout, as well as an increased focus on patients with skin of color.
- Get an enhanced understanding of the foundations of dermatology in pathology, the clinical setting, and dermoscopy with a completely rewritten introductory chapter.
- Better comprehend the clinical-pathological relationship of skin disease with increased histologic coverage.
- Get regular content updates, download illustrations in JPEG or PPT format, and search the complete contents online with on-the-go access at expertconsult.com.
- Find answers fast with a highly user-friendly, "easy-in-easy-out" format and a wealth of tables and algorithms for instant visual comprehension.
- Get full exposure to core knowledge with coverage of dermatology’s entire spectrum of subspecialties.
- See just the essential information with "need-to-know" basic science information and key references.
- Expedite decision making and clarify complex concepts with logical tables, digestible artwork, and easy-to-grasp schematics.
"It is accessible, with clear writing complemented by excellent colour photographs and line drawings. Its previous editions have made it the book of choice for many dermatology trainees...The book by Bolognia starts with a short section on basic science, followed by a section on pruritus. It is then divided into sections on the major skin disease groups; urticarias, vesiculobullous diseases groups, genodermatoses, infections, skin tumours, and so on. These are well written and illustrated. I particularly liked the differential diagnosis parts, which not only lists the alternatives, but also compares and contrasts the conditions to help make a clinical decision...All in all, this is an excellent text - if I could only have one dermatology book I would choose Bolognia."
Dermatology in Practice, January 2013
"This is the colossal, third edition of THE reference for a dermatologist's library regardless of dermatologic specialty. It is intended as a comprehensive dermatology reference and it definitely achieves its purpose with its thoughtful organization. This is an absolutely superb reference. I recommend you eliminate the various books you have accumulated on general dermatology over the years and replace it with just this two-volume monster. It's all you really need!"
- Patricia Wong, MD, Stanford University Medical Center
5 Star - Doody's Rating, March 2013
"I ripped off the packaging with great anticipation. After entering the activation code inside the front cover, I added 'Dermatology 3rd Edition' to my online Expert Consult account. When logging in, the name 'Bolognia' appeared on my home page- which is how dermatologists around the world know this textbook...Many readers will use the electronic version. This was easy, intuitive and clear on my desktop and laptop. The search function worked well and the links between pages, figures, chapters and references (which each link to the PubMed abstract) soon had me lost in the world of dermatology...'Bolognia' is the international dermatology textbook that sets the standard that others strive to achieve. The new third edition raises the bar once more."
British Journal of Dermatology, March 2013
By Jean L. Bolognia, MD, Professor of Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA; Joseph L. Jorizzo, MD, Professor and Former(Founding) Chair, Department of Dermatology, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC and Julie V. Schaffer, MD, Assistant Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics and Director of Pediatric Dermatology, Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA