Clinical Dermatology, 5th Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Widely recognized as the world’s leading dermatology manual, Habif’s Clinical Dermatology has been exhaustively updated to reflect today’s best practices. A wealth of new features makes it easier than any other resource to identify, treat, and manage the full range of skin diseases.
New to This Edition
- Apply the newest developments in diagnosis and treatment thanks to thorough updates throughout.
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, including all of the book’s illustrations plus hundreds of additional images; links to PubMed; Dermatologic Surgical Procedures; a Dermatologic Formulary; Bioterrorism, Dermatology, and Recently Returned Traveler appendices; plus much more.
- View the likeliest differential diagnoses for any body region with an updated DDx Mannequin online.
- Find representative images for virtually any skin condition with over 1000 full color photographs, including 500 brand-new, never-before-published images.
- Diagnose and treat diverse patient populations with expanded coverage of non-white skin.
- Treat patients who have been traveling abroad with new coverage of tropical diseases.
- Diagnose with confidence by viewing outstanding photographs for virtually every common skin disorder.
- Quickly locate the information you need with a Disorders Index on the inside front cover, a brand-new Regional Diagnosis Atlas in chapter 1, and a consistent, logical, easy-reference format in every chapter.
"What makes the book unique is that it has a single author, and the same crisp writing style exists from the first page to the last. All of the chapters flow beautifully… Clinical Dermatology is highly recommended for general practitioners and will likely be the only dermatology textbook needed." JAMA, April 11, 2012-Vol 307, No. 14, p1534
***2010 BMA Book Awards - Highly Commended - Medicine category***
"This is an easy to use book, with beautiful clear illustrations and a useful disorders index. It is easy to use as a quick reference with well-laid-out tables and internet access." Judges Comments
Doody's Review - July 2010
This is a practical, useful guide to sound diagnoses of most of the more common dermatologic diseases with useful treatment protocols.
It is a useful, practical guide, easily accessible to dermatologists and nondermatologists alike, to facilitate diagnosis and treatment of the more common skin diseases. A practical yet thorough guide like this is very useful in the field and the book attains its goal splendidly.
Dr. Habif is a leader in the field of dermatology and is a master at imparting information in a clear and concise manner. He writes his book for students, nondermatologists, and dermatologists, and all will find it accessible, useful, easy to read and understand, and worthy of reading.
Suggestions on how best to access and glean the most from the book start things off. A few minutes here and this detailed and thorough book becomes an easy and quick guide. Some basic chapters follow on nomenclature, necessary for communication in the field, and on topical steroids, which need to be understood in order to be safely and effectively used. The remainder of the book is divided into classes of disease. Unique features include an expanded online component with surgical procedures, references, and a dermatologic formulary. The latter will be updated and, thus, kept current. An index of disorders on the inside cover enables quick reference. The first page has a two-page index of commonly used medications and the last has a more detailed list of topical steroids. The book is thorough and detailed, yet easy to access quickly and will remain current with the companion web site.
Dr Habif has refined his textbook, and this fifth edition is an easy to access, useful, practical guide that practicing dermatologists can turn to daily, nondermatologists can use to accurately diagnose and treat most of the more common dermatologic conditions, and students can use to learn dermatology in a useful and thorough manner. Because of the great attention paid to every aspect of this book, it is more practical and useful, while remaining thorough and detailed, than any other in dermatology.
Weighted Numerical Score: 95 - 4 Stars!
By Thomas P. Habif, MD, Adjunct Professor of Medicine Dermatology Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH