Cardiology, 3rd Edition
Expert Consult - Online and Print
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
With your heavy case load, you can't afford to waste time searching for answers. Online and in print, Cardiology, 3rd Edition, by Drs. Crawford, DiMarco, and Paulus, offers you just the practical, problem-based guidance you need to quickly overcome any clinical challenge. 8 color-coded sections cover the 8 major clinical syndromes of cardiovascular disease—each section a virtual "mini textbook" on its topic! 40 new chapters keep you up to date with the latest advances in the field, while more than 2,000 lavish, high-quality illustrations, color photographs, tables, and ECGs capture clinical manifestations as they present in practice. Expert Consult functionality enables you to reference the complete contents from any location...and find the guidance you need in less time. It’s current, actionable information that you can put to work immediately for your patients!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Includes 40 new chapters including Inherited Arrhythmia Syndromes, Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators and Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy in CHD, Management of the Cyanotic Patient with CHD, Special Problems for the Cardiology Consultant Dealing with Bariatric/Gastric Bypass — and many more — that equip you with all of the latest knowledge.
- Presents "Special Problem" sections—many new to this edition—that provide practical advice on problems that can be difficult to treat.
- Features online access through expertconsult.com where you can search the entire contents, download illustrations for your electronic presentations, and more.
- Offers a problem-based approach that integrates basic science, diagnostic investigations, and therapeutic management in one place for each cardiovascular disease so you can quickly find all of the actionable knowledge you need without flipping from one section to another.
- Features introductory bulleted highlights in each chapter that present the most pertinent information at a glance.
- Presents abundant algorithms to expedite clinical decision making.
- Includes more than 2,000 lavish, high-quality illustrations, color photographs, tables, and ECGs that capture clinical manifestations as they present in practice, and promote readability and retention.
"Monumental...cover[s] every aspect of cardiovascular disease. Well organized and well written. Easy to read, informative, and enjoyable." – JAMA, review of the previous edition
By Michael H. Crawford, MD, FACC, Professor of Medicine, Associate Chief of Cardiology for Clinical Programs, Division of Cardiology, University of California- San Francisco, CA, USA; John P. DiMarco, MD, PhD, Julian R. Beckwith Professor of Medicine and Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology Laboratory, Cardiovascular Division, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA and Walter J. Paulus, MD, PhD, Professor of Cardiac Pathophysiology, Free University Amsterdam, The Netherlands; Associate Director, Cardiovascular Center, Aalst, Belgium