Human Anatomy, Color Atlas and Textbook, 5th Edition
With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
The new edition of this well-known text and atlas takes you from knowing human anatomical structures in the abstract to identifying human anatomy in a real body. It is the only text and atlas of gross anatomy that illustrates all structures using high-quality dissection photographs and clearly labeled line drawings for each photo. Plus, concise yet thorough text supports and explains all key human anatomy.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- More clinical comments throughout the text further clarify anatomical drawings and photographs.
- Cross sections added to the upper and lower limb sections increase your knowledge base.
- Glossary of eponyms at the back of the book and found online at www.studentconsult.com make reference easier than ever.
- Up to 50 new color photographs and new CAT scans and MRIs enhance your visual guidance.
- High-quality, richly colored dissection photographs showing structures most likely to be seen and tested in the lab improve your ability to recognize and interpret gross specimens accurately.
- Interpretive line drawings next to every photograph let you test your knowledge by covering the labels.
- Color-coding on interpretive artwork helps you differentiate among fat, muscle, ligament, etc.
- Clinical Skills pages help you understand how to apply knowledge of gross anatomy to the clinical setting.
- This book comes with STUDENT CONSULT at no extra charge! Register at www.studentconsult.com today…so you can learn and study more powerfully than ever before!
- Access the complete contents of the book online, anywhere you go…perform quick searches…and add your own notes and bookmarks.
- Follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other STUDENT CONSULT titles-to help you see the connections between diverse disciplines.
- Reference all other STUDENT CONSULT titles you own online-all in one place!
- Look for the STUDENT CONSULT logo on your favorite Elsevier textbooks!
"A very well laid out, simple and easy to use anatomy textbook...It has a fantastic introduction which covers the whole body’s anatomy in a few pages and a great self assessment section at the end to test your knowledge in the form of exam skills, clinical, and observation skills, with answers included."
Surgo Magazine, Glasgow University Medical School. Vol 81:3 2009
This book is visually remarkable; and for instructors who want their students to get the absolute most from a human anatomy class, …[it] is an indispensable companion to any textbook they use. Highly recommended."
Life Science Book Review, review of 4th edition
"...well laid out using photographs, models and diagrams to illustrate salient points...very good as an anatomy text to supplement current anatomy teaching."
Medical Student, Barts and the London Queen Mary's School of Medicine and Dentistry, UK, February 2004, review of 4th Edition
"One word I would use to describe this book ’Awesome!’ It is clearly laid out, so you can always find what you are looking for. The photography is amazing and challenges you to really concentrate on the images, in order to understand your anatomy, but at the same time it does not leave you completely unaided, all images are explained clearly and concisely...There is also a hand sketched picture next to each photograph that is colour coded and labelled. Personally I find hand sketched pictures better than computer created images, just because I can recreate them more easily. It always also seems to have just the right level of detail making it great to revise from."
Medical Student, Keele University, UK, review of 4th Edition
By John A. Gosling, MD, MB, ChB, FRCS, Professor of Anatomy, Stanford University, USA; Philip F. Harris, MD, MB, ChB, MSc, Emeritus Professor of Anatomy, University of Manchester, UK; John R. Humpherson, MB, ChB, Formerly Senior Lecturer in Anatomy, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, UK; Ian Whitmore, MD, MB, BS, LRCP, MRCS, Professor of Anatomy, Stanford University, USA and Peter L. T. Willan, MB, ChB, FRCS, Formerly Professor of Anatomy, University of UAE, Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates