Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Handbook
Limited Stock - Order Soon
The Dana-Farber handbook series represents a transatlantic collaboration between two major cancer centres across four major tumour types!Table of Contents
New to This Edition
Considerable progress is being made in the field of oncology, and the rapid expansion of available information can often make it difficult for the busy practitioner to know which decisions are most appropriate in a given circumstance. The success of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology has led to the development of a series of disease management handbooks designed to aid the clinician with his or her decision making in clinical practice.
Written by highly eminent authors, each title is produced in full color and is richly illustrated throughout, providing a review of each cancer including its incidence, epidemiology, etiology and histopathology, together with the clinical features. Diagnostic studies and current clinical and pathological staging are also given. Detailed tables are provided with histopathological classification, diagnostic studies and, when important, prognostic factors. Current therapies are also discussed in detail, together with useful algorithms to aid treatment decisions. Practical issues relating to management are also given such as dealing with systemic and mucocutaneous reactions to chemotherapy, including alopecia, fatigue and extravasation.
- Comprehensive coverage - from risk and prevention, and screening and diagnosis, through to treatment options (chemotherapy, radiation therapy, biological response modifiers)
- Attractively designed aids with instant access to the information
- Contains useful algorithms to aid management decisions
- Discusses practical management of problems in cancer therapy including fever, vomiting, alopecia, fatigue, pain and cachexia
- Provides practical advice regarding drug administration
- Linked to the hugely successful Dana-Farber Atlas of Diagnostic Oncology
Edited by Arthur T. Skarin, MD, FACP, FCCP, Associate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA; Senior Attending Physician, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA; William K. Oh, MD, Clinical Director, Lank Center for Genitourinary Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA; and John Logue, MB, MRCP, FRCR, Consultant Medical Oncologist, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK