Textbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology
With STUDENT CONSULT Access
This is a textbook for medical students covering orthopaedics, trauma and rheumatology, offering both core information regarding what the student needs to know about these subject areas and an extensive series of cases with questions and answers that illustrate the thinking behind common everyday practice. The package also offers online access to the text and images, plus an additional 80 interactive MCQs and answers (on www.studentconsult.com).Table of Contents
- Provides a comprehensive overview of musculoskeletal medicine and surgery perfectly tailored for the busy medical student
- Illustrated in full colour throughout
- Succinct coverage of essential topics helps aid understanding whilst avoid unnecessary detail thus saving time
- Uniform style of chapters throughout allows readers to easily scan through for the information required
- Useful summary boxes outline the main points of each condition including aetiology, pathology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigations, management and prognosis
- 100 case histories with questions illustrate the range of clinical problems that students will encounter during their clinical placements
- Direct linking of cases to chapters so that readers can refer back to sections of core text whenever required, or look up cases relevant to a particular chapter
- Online access to the text and images, plus 80 interactive MCQs and answers, on www.studentconsult.com
New Edited Book Winner at The Royal Society of Medicine &The Society of Authors’ Medical Book Awards
“Out of several undergraduate texts on musculoskeletal disease, this is both comprehensive and comprehensible and a valuable addition to departmental and students’ personal libraries.”
"This book is the best comprehensive work I have seen on the musculoskeletal system for medical students. I highly recommend the book to all medical students, junior residents, and primary care physicians."
Edward Abraham, MD(University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine), Doody Enterprises, Inc. Nov 2008
''While there can be no doubting from its language that this is a book for students and professionals, the language in this book is nevertheless straightforward, relatively jargon-free, and with most terms well-explained. The good editing here means that, while many chapters are written by different contributors, the overall effect is seamless. In terms of its presentation, ‘Textbook’ is striking to look at, making use of bright colours throughout, which conveniently correlate with the useful referencing system.''
''The book is concise and clearly written, but at the same time gives a good depth of information.It is clear to see that this book has been written by experts in their fields, and has been edited so that the formatting throughout the book is coherent and logical in nature. The use of diagrams and tables helps to highlight the most relevant points making it enjoyable to read and enhances the learning experience.''
Edited by Raashid Luqmani, DM, FRCP, FRCP(E), Consultant Rheumatologist/Senior Lecturer, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre and Oxford University, Oxford, UK; James Robb, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCSEd, FRCSGlasg, FRCPEdin, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh; Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh; Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of St Andrews, St Andrews, UK; Daniel Porter, MD, FRCS(Tr&Orth), Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh and Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, UK; and John F. Keating, MB, BCh, FRCSI, FRCSEd, FRCSEdOrth, MPhil, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon and Senior Lecturer, University of Edinburgh, UK