Botulinum Toxin in Facial Rejuvenation
Written by a top expert in the field, this resource introduces the reader to the pharmacology of botulinum toxin and describes and the entire range of techniques for its optimal administration-including safe handling, the selection and assessment of patients, potential complications and pitfalls, and asthetic techniques. It also provides comparative information on other modalities such as laser and hyaluronic acid, as well as potential risk factors, so readers can choose the best procedure for each patient. And, it discusses both forms of toxin currently available on the market - Botox and Dysport.Table of Contents
- Covers the entire range of use of botulinum toxin for cosmetic purposes.
- Provides state-of-the-art, practical guidelines on treatment methods and correct storage.
- Discusses other treatments so that the reader can decide which rejuvenating treatment is best for each patient.
- Uses full-color clinical photos of pre-, peri-, and post-operative results to illustrate nuances of techniques as well asthe effectiveness of botulinum toxin on wrinkles and scars for the major facial areas.
- Discusses which patients may be at risk for adverse effects-or "worsening results"-and offers suitable alternatives.
"This book presents the art of good botulinum toxin treatment, viz, making the patient look better, but not necessarily younger. As stressed in the text, the therapy relates to the individual patient and there are important points for obtaining success. Based on expert observations and a vast personal experience, this is an excellent book." --European Journal of Plastic Surgery
"With the aid of patient pre-, peri-, and post-treatment photos, [Coleman-Moriarty] discusses pharmacology, clinical indications, injection techniques, contraindications, complications, treatment of specific areas, and alternative treatments." --SciTech Book News, Vol. 29, No. 1; March 2005
By Kate Coleman-Moriarty, BSc, PhD, FRCS, FRCOphth, Eye and Oculoplastic Institute, Blackrock Clinic, Dublin, Ireland