Diseases of the Macula
Liberally illustrated throughout with over 400 photographs (300 in full colour), this reference provides a practical and clinically oriented approach to the diagnosis and management of macular disorders. It covers not only diseases that primarily affect the macula, such as age-related macular degeneration, but also those that might have an indirect but never-the-less significant effect on macular function, such as vascular and inflammatory diseases. Many diseases in this book are illustrated with brief case studies, to help bring them to life and facilitate learning.Table of Contents
- With over 400 top quality clinical pictures, this book enables easy visual recognition of macular diseases.
- Covers all disorders associated with macular degeneration not only age-related macular degeneration.
- Includes case histories which is an invaluable and unique diagnostic tool that facilitates learning.
- Each chapter covers the most common disease first, followed by less common conditions which guides the reader towards an accurate diagnosis.
- Written as a quick and easy reference.
By Jack J. Kanski, MD, MS, FRCS, FRCOphth, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Prince Charles Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor, UK; and Stan A. Milewski, MD, Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Connecticut at Farmington, Farmington, CT