Atlas of Head and Neck Pathology with CD-ROM, 2nd Edition
Effectively and efficiently diagnose the full range of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the head and neck with this peerless source of pathology guidance! 2,240 phenomenal illustrations depict the histologic, immunohistochemical, cytologic, and diagnostic imaging appearance of every type of head and neck pathology, including brand-new coverage of thyroid and parathyroid disorders. You'll also find completely new guidance on identifying intraoperative specimens, applying the latest molecular biological and cytogenetic techniques, and much more. A consistent, practical organization and succinct, bulleted format make the reliable answers you need easy to find.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Identify specimens confidently by comparing them to 2,240 illustrations—most in full color—capturing the histologic, immunohistochemical, cytologic, and diagnostic imaging appearance of every form of head and neck pathology.
- Diagnose a broader range of head and neck diseases with new coverage of thyroid and parathyroid disorders.
- Provide effective intraoperative consultations with guidance on identifying frozen mucosal, salivary gland, thyroid, and parathyroid specimens that's hard to find in other texts.
- Apply the latest WHO classification guidelines and AJCC staging criteria for head and neck neoplasms.
- Perform the newest molecular biologic and cytogenetic techniques.
- Review each disease's clinical features, pathology, differential diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis quickly thanks to a concise, user-friendly, bulleted format.
- Consider cytopathology, special stains, and cytogenetics where appropriate.
- Compare different disease types at a glance with numerous tables, charts, and helpful lists.
"A welcome additon to the armamentarium of any otolaryngologist in the area of head and neck pathology." - American Journal of Otolaryngology
"This atlas does an excellent job in acquainting the physician with an area of pathology that has been underemphasized for far too long." - Archives of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
"This large volume has beautifully illustrated clinicopathological correlations of head and neck pathology and cytology. Useful for specialist head and neck pathologists."
PathLab.org, March 2013
By Bruce M. Wenig, MD, Chairman, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Beth Israel Medical Center, and St. Luke’s and Roosevelt Hospitals, New York, NY, USA