Davidson's Diabetes Mellitus, 5th Edition
Davidson's Diabetes Mellitus provides the most current information for the clinical care of patients with diabetes. The fifth edition of Davidson's Diabetes Mellitus has been significantly revised to reflect the rapidly expanding body of knowledge on the treatment of diabetes. The new edition has been expanded to include chapters on medical nutrition therapy, insulin resistance and macrovascular disease, and diabetes in children. The new edition also includes findings from the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study and updates on treatment options, including newer insulin analogs, recently approved medications, and combination therapies.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Addresses contemporary concerns such as sexual function and psychological implications.
- Provides step-by-step guidance to the management of diabetic patients and their concerns from travel to hygiene to weight control.
- Provides worksheets & handouts making it a comprehensive guide for patient education.
- Completely updated list of diabetic resources
- Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Macrovascular Complications in the Insulin Resistance Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes
- Diabetes in Management in Children and Adolescents
- Study design, findings, and clinical implications of the United Kingdom
- Prospective Diabetes Study trial
- new medications with descriptions and explanations of their clinical use
- combination therapy, particularly in type 2 diabetes
By Anne Peters Harmel, MD, Director, USC Westside Center for Diabetes, Professor of Clinical Medicine, USC Keck School of Medicine; and Ruchi Mathur, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, USC Keck School of Medicine