Kirk's Current Veterinary Therapy XIV, 14th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
From medical disorders to toxicology to infectious disease, Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy XIV includes the most up-to-date information from leading experts in the veterinary field with over 260 new chapters. The user-friendly format presents content clearly to help you easily find the information you need and put it in practice. Selective lists of references and suggested readings provide opportunities for further research, and the Companion CD includes helpful information from the previous volume that still applies to current practice.Table of Contents
- Authoritative, reliable information on diagnosis includes details on the latest therapies.
- An organ-system organization makes it easy to find solutions for specific disorders.
- Concise chapters are only 2-5 pages in length, saving you time in finding essential information.
- Well-known writers and editors provide accurate, up-to-date coverage of important topics.
- A convenient Table of Common Drugs, updated by Dr. Mark Papich, offers a quick reference to dosage information.
- Cross-references to the previous edition make it easy to find related information that remains valid and current.
- A list of references and suggested readings is included at the end of most chapters.
- A fully searchable companion Evolve website adds chapters from Kirk’s Current Veterinary Therapy XIII, with information that has not changed significantly since its publication. It also includes an image collection with over 300 images, and references linked to PubMed. Useful appendices on the website provide a virtual library of valuable clinical references on laboratory test procedures and interpretation, normal reference ranges, body fluid analyses, conversion tables, nutritional profiles, a drug formulary, and more.
"With more than 325 contributors, this book gathers a lot of expertise. (...) Since it is a therapeutic book, it is logically divided into chapters, gathering information on the most common conditions a practitioner can be confronted with. Illustrations are placed at strategic locations to reinforce or explain key points. (...) The book ends with a very complete index to help you navigate this bible for practitioners." - Veterinary Times, July 2009
By John D. Bonagura, DVM, MS, Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH