Peripheral Neuropathy, 4th Edition
2-Volume Set with Expert Consult Basic
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Edited by internationally acclaimed experts in the field, this authoritative 2-volume Gold Standard comprehensively covers the neurobiology and diseases of the peripheral nervous system. It encompasses neurobiology, clinical neurophysiology, molecular genetics, and clinical diagnosis and management. The 4th Edition has been rewritten and updated to provide a fresh account of all subjects, with an emphasis on new information about cell biology, genetics, proteomics, clinical manifestations, and new treatments. And, a user-friendly organization allows readers to quickly find specific information, or access more in-depth coverage when needed.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features new clinically oriented sections that discuss key areas such as pain management - peripheral neuropathies and cancer - pediatric management issues - new diagnostic techniques
- Discusses new developments in molecular genetics, new manifestations of altered immunity, metabolic disease, and course.
- Covers the many new treatment and management techniques now available, including strategies for patients with infections, altered immunity, lymphoma and paraneoplastic neuropathies, and metabolic neuropathies.
- Includes new coverage of the enteric nervous system, management of gut dysmotility, cutaneous receptors and their function, cutaneous innervation, and quantitative sensation testing.
- Provides authoritative, in-depth information on neurobiology and diseases of the peripheral nervous system.
- Presents complete coverage of development - anatomy - physiology - pharmacology -special testing (nerve conduction and EMG), autonomic testing, and testing of impairment and disability - and the diagnosis, management, and outcomes for peripheral neuropathies.
- Includes information on epidemiologic survey and pharmaceutical industry trials, with coverage of the complications of diabetes mellitus and other metabolic diseases
REVIEW OF THE LAST EDITION:
"It is a pleasure to find that this landmark monograph in the history of clinical neurology has maintained its position as a text that has been needed and that provides a model for others to imitate. The editors and authors are to be congratulated for a major achievement."—Mayo Clinic Proceedings
By Peter James Dyck, MD, Professor of Neurology, Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN; and P. K. Thomas, DSc MD FRCP LRCP FRCPath, Department of Neurological Science, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK