Reptile Medicine and Surgery, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
This outstanding clinical reference provides valuable insights into solving clinical dilemmas, formulating diagnoses, developing therapeutic plans, and verifying drug dosages for both reptiles and amphibians. The information is outlined in an easy-to-use format for quick access that is essential for emergency and clinical situations.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A new full-color format features a wealth of vivid images and features that highlight important concepts and bring key procedures to life
- 29 new chapters covering diverse topics such as stress in captive reptiles, emergency and critical care, ultrasound, endoscopy, and working with venomous species
- Many new expert contributors that share valuable knowledge and insights from their experiences in practicing reptile medicine and surgery
- Unique coverage of cutting-edge imaging techniques, including CT and MRI
- Discusses veterinary medicine and surgery for both reptiles and amphibians
- Features complete biology of snakes, lizards, turtles, and crocodilians
- Provides step-by-step guidelines for performing special techniques and procedures such as anesthesia, clinical pathology, diagnostic imaging, euthanasia and necropsy, fracture management, soft tissue surgery, and therapeutics
- Covers specific diseases and conditions such as anorexia, aural abscesses, and digit abnormalities in a separate alphabetically organized section
- 53 expert authors contribute crucial information to the study of reptiles and offer their unique perspectives on particular areas of study
- The expansive appendix includes a reptile and amphibian formulary
"The eagerly-awaited second editition of this textbook has now arrived!...The editor and authors are to be congratulated on the scientific content and excellent illustrations of the text... This is truly a textbook, rather than a quick reference manual, and it is to be highly recommended for the library of any serious reptile clinician." Vetinary Times Vol 36 No 11.