Emergency Medicine, 2nd Edition
An Approach to Clinical Problem-Solving
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Back in an all-new edition, Emergency Medicine covers the most common disorders seen in the emergency department in a handy, outline format. It explains the responsibilities of the emergency physician along with the decisions that need to be made. The 2nd Edition is perfect for on-the-go consultation--soft cover, shorter, and more focused.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features new chapters on shock, penetrating trauma, HIV patients, and domestic violence.
- Provides more information on women patients and evidence-based medicine.
- Includes new international contributors.
- Updates and revises all chapters with the newest information.
- Organized by symptom orientation rather than disease, reflecting how patients present.
- Covers the most common presentations in emergency medicine.
- Provides case studies throughout the chapters.
- Gives special consideration to pediatric and geriatric populations in most chapters
By Glenn C. Hamilton, MD, MSM, Professor and Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Wright State University School of Medicine, Dayton, OH; Arthur B. Sanders, MD, Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Arizona School of Medicine, Tuscon, AZ; Gary R. Strange, MD, FACEP, Professor and Head, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Illinois Hospital at Chicago, Chicago, IL; and Alexander T. Trott, MD, Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Associate Chief of Staff, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH