Bacterial and Fungal Agents of Animal Disease
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Containing the latest information on pathogenesis and diagnosis, Veterinary Microbiology addresses both specific, defined problems, as well as trends in host/parasite interaction. This book is a complete reference on microbial biology, diseases, diagnosis, prevention, and control. It also provides a foundation of knowledge on pathogens and how they interact with hosts.Table of Contents
- Contains a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of bacterial and fungal agents that cause animal disease, including recently identified organisms as well as the pathogenesis of emerging diseases.
- Features more than 100 full-color illustrations to visually reinforce key concepts.
- The book is logically organized for ease of use and quick reference in the clinical setting.
- Addresses diseases that can affect animal productivity, both for individual animals as well as herd health.
- Discusses the implications of various organisms in biological warfare and bioterrorism.