Handbook of Small Animal Gastroenterology, 2nd Edition
This handy "how-to" guide provides a practical framework for diagnosis and treatment of common, small animal gastrointestinal disorders, filling the gap left by larger, encyclopedic references. It features a complete review of symptoms and diagnostic methods, descriptions of digestive tract disorders by organ system, and a series of sample GI cases. Logically organized into three easy-reference sections and expertly written by recognized specialists, this complete, expanded edition is a valuable clinical tool for primary care practitioners.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- A new diagnostic modality (BIPS) is covered, detailing this useful technique for general practice applications.
- A glossary of GI drugs educates the reader on the most current terminology.
- The chapter on Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition has been completely revised with several new illustrations, for a more complete discussion of this important topic.
- A new, complete chapter on Neoplasia, written by an expert oncologist, draws together all relevant discussions on neoplasia throughout the book into one comprehensive, coherent treatment.
- The familiar handbook format, based primarily on organs of the gastrointestinal tract, offers quick access to key information.
- Coverage of symptoms, nutrition, and chronic and acute disorders presents a thorough discussion of gastroenterology.