Essential Surgical Skills with CD-ROM, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfillment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
This popular resource delivers a thorough overview of every basic surgical term, concept, and technique. The essentials of surgery are concisely presented and abundantly illustrated. From tissue injury, local anesthetics, and surgical instruments...through obtaining hemostasis, skin flaps, scar excision and closure...to postoperative wound care, the 2nd Edition presents everything readers need to know to perform all of the maneuvers essential to surgical success. Two bonus CD-ROMs complement the text, using full-color animations and live-action video to demonstrate all of the skills step by step.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- New illustrations and animations demonstrate suturing and knot tying instructions for both right- and left-handed surgeons.
- A new section on endoscopic surgery includes suturing and knot tying, and new chapters address appendectomy and skin flaps.
- Expanded coverage of obtaining hemostasis reflects the latest knowledge, including topical hemostatic agents and the coagulation cascade.
- Includes up-to-date information on the latest surgical equipment, adhesives, and more.
- Detailed illustrations and intra-operative photographs make every point clear.
- Video clips of operating room preparation and procedures show readers how to proceed—step by
- 17 quizzes throughout the book as well as a 100-question test (with answers) enable readers to assess their mastery of the material.
- CD-ROM #2 presents another 100-question test (with answers) that provides immediate feedback and scores as well as 25 randomized questions (without answers,) scored after the quiz is completed.
"An excellent addition to our surgical literature, filling a void that has been present: too long...The real value of this book is its ability to convey fundamental surgical concepts and techniques in a simple, clear, and efficient way...It does so in a multimedia style at a cost that's hard to beat."—Archives of Dermatology
By David A. Sherris, MD, Associate Professor and Interim Chair of Otolaryngology, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York; Former Associate Professor and Chair Division of Facial Plastic Surgery, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota; and Eugene B. Kern, MD, Emeritus Endicott Professor of Medicine, Mayo Foundation, Emeritus Professor of Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery, Division of Facial Plastic Surgery, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota