Math Calculations for Pharmacy Technicians
Designed specifically for pharmacy technicians, using the competencies developed by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), this comprehensive worktext covers everything from basic math skills to reading and interpreting labels and physicians' orders. The unique worktext format introduces readers to key calculation and conversion concepts and then provides a wealth of self-tests and practice problems more than any other calculations book for pharmacy technicians so readers can immediately apply what they are learning to realistic and challenging calculation problems. Other key concepts include conversions between the various measurement systems, reconstituting liquid medications, and calculating medications for special populations.Table of Contents
- Each chapter begins with definitions of key words and a comprehensive list of objectives to help readers accomplish learning goals.
- Chapter-by-chapter pretests allow readers to assess their current knowledge of specific topics.
- More than 1,300 practice problems throughout the book provide a wealth of practice with calculations, conversions, and measurements.
- Step-by-step examples and problems accompanied by actual full-color drug labels give readers real-world experience with the labeling they will see in pharmacy practice.
- Body system icons appear next to medication names to help readers begin to associate different drugs with their respective disorders and body systems.
- Learning Tips boxes offer helpful strategies for learning and remembering information.
- Points to Remember boxes and review sections summarize key chapter concepts to help readers focus on vital information.
- Chapter-by-chapter posttests allow readers to assess how well they have learned the material.
- Review of Rules sections summarize the rules and methods for performing equations from each chapter.
- A comprehensive posttest includes 50 questions that assess reader comprehension of all the material from the book.
- Other helpful study tools include an answer key for odd-numbered questions, a business math appendix, and a comprehensive glossary.
By Robert M. Fulcher, BSPh, RPh, Pharmacist-in-Charge, CVS Pharmacy, Waynesboro, GA; and Eugenia M. Fulcher, RN, BSN, MEd, EdD, CMA, Former Program Director, Medical Asstisting, Swainsboro Technical College, Waynesboro, GA