AACN Procedure Manual for Pediatric Acute and Critical Care
Using detailed, step-by-step guidelines, this comprehensive book covers procedures commonly performed by all nurses in pediatric critical care. Following the successful format of the AACN Procedure Manual for Critical Care, 5th edition, this new resource focuses on the unique aspects of caring for infants and children. This easy-to-use guide includes the latest information, a strong evidence base, and a supporting rationale for each step of each procedure.Table of Contents
- Advanced Practice Skills are included throughout the text and are marked with a special AP icon indicating that these procedures should only be performed by qualified personnel.
- Evidence-based practice and research-based data are used to support the recommendations for each procedure.
- Each procedure follows a consistent, step-by-step format with rationales.
- Developmental differences are highlighted in special Procedure tables.
- This valuable, everyday resource is sponsored by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses.
- Each procedure is covered in a consistent structure:
- Prerequisite knowledge
- Child and family assessment
- Child and family education
- Procedure (with steps, rationale, and considerations)
- Expected and unexpected outcomes
- Monitoring and care of the child (with activities and interventions, rationale, and reportable conditions)