Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 5th Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
Newly updated, this full-color resource offers a systematic approach to performing a neuromusculoskeletal assessment with rationales for various aspects of the assessment. This comprehensive text covers every joint of the body, head and face, gait, posture, emergency care, the principles of assessment, and preparticipation evaluation. The latest edition of this core text is the essential cornerstone in the new four-volume musculoskeletal rehabilitation series.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Reliability and validity of tests and techniques included throughout help you choose assessment methods supported by current evidence.
- A new full-color design clearly demonstrates assessment methods, a variety of tests, and causes of pathology.
- A Companion CD-ROM with all of the references from the text linked to MedLine abstracts reinforces concepts from the book.
- Primary Care Assessment chapter includes the latest information on the constantly evolving state of physical therapy practice.
- Includes the most current information on the assessment of the cervical spine, hip, posture, and foot and ankle to keep you up to date on current methods of practice.
- Thorough, evidence-based content provides the information and detail you need to select the best diagnostic tests.
- Extensively updated information incorporates the latest research and most current practices.
- Case Studies help you apply what you learn from the book to real life situations.
- Tables and boxes throughout the text organize and summarize important information and highlight key points.
- Chapter Summaries review the assessment procedures for each chapter to help you find important information quickly.
- Case Histories in each chapter demonstrate assessment skills to help you apply them in practice.
By David J. Magee, PhD, BPT, Professor, Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada