Atlas of General Surgical Techniques
Expert Consult – Online and Print
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Atlas of General Surgical Techniques covers the full spectrum and breadth of general surgery through nearly 1200 easy-to-follow anatomic drawings. Drs. Courtney M. Townsend, Jr. and B. Mark Evers present step-by-step guidance for common and complex procedures, including open and minimally invasive techniques. The highly consistent approach and oversized format allow for large educational illustrations with pearls and pitfalls at the end of each chapter. Comprehensive coverage includes hot topics such as Thyroidectomy, Parathyroidectomy, Hepaticojejunostomy, Choledochojejunostomy, Splenectomy,Hernia Repair, Exploration of Neck for Trauma, and Subclavian Artery Stab. You’ll have a complete array of surgical procedures at your fingertips-in print and online at expertconsult.com!
2009 PROSE Awards (awarded by Association of American Publishers for professional and scholarly excellence)Finalist/Honorable Mention, Clinical Medicine
- Includes access to the fully searchable text online at expertconsult.com, along with downloadable images.
- Features 1200 easy-to-follow, step-by-step anatomic drawings that clearly depict the full spectrum and breadth of surgical techniques-both open and minimally invasive.
- Covers hot topics such as Thyroidectomy, Parathyroidectomy, Hepaticojejunostomy, Choledochojejunostomy, Splenectomy,Hernia Repair, Exploration of Neck for Trauma, and Subclavian Artery Stab.
- Provides step-by-step instructions for each procedure in a highly consistent format that makes applying techniques easy.
- Highlights pearls and pitfalls at the end of each chapter so you know what to expect before entering the operating room.
- Presents the detailed guidance of authorities on what you need to know about common and challenging procedures.
By Courtney M. Townsend, Jr., MD, Professor and John Woods Harris Distinguished Chairman, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX and B. Mark Evers, MD, Professor and Robertson-Poth Distinguished Chair in General Surgery, Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX