Core Curriculum for Oncology Nursing, 4th Edition
Published in collaboration with the ONS, this text is the definitive source for concepts and practices in oncology nursing and can be used for orientation of nurses to oncology, inservice and continuing education programs for practicing nurses, a basis for curriculum development in graduate programs, and as a review tool for certification. Based on the blueprint of the certification examination by the ONCC (Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation), the book is in outline format to help readers focus on the most important information. Instructor resources available; contact your sales representative for details.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
* Entirely revised, updated, and expanded to reflect the current state of oncology nursing practice.
* Expanded pain management content.
* New content on nonpharmacologic interventions (e.g. heat massage, imagery).
* New content on alternative therapies.
- Covers the entire scope of the specialty ensuring comprehensive coverage
- Outline format helps the reader focus on the most important information
- Effective guide for teaching and learning for in-service, continuing education, and academic programs
- Powerful study tool for the ONCC certification exam
- Tables and figures illustrate complex concepts
By Oncology Nursing Society; Joanne K. Itano, RN, PhD, OCN®, Associate Professor of Nursing and Director, Academic Support Services, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA; and Karen N. Taoka, RN, MN, AOCN®, Nursing Clinical Team Lead, HIS Project, The Queen's Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA