Handbook of Hemodynamic Monitoring, 2nd Edition
|Pageburst on VitalSource eBook||
In an easily accessible format, this new edition simply and comprehensively emphasizes the most relevant technical points and appropriate clinical applications of monitoring techniques. Readers will gain a sound, fundamental understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems. In addition, the text discusses important pathophysiologic, diagnostic, and management principles for common cardiopulmonary diseases, emphasizing the individuality of patient responses. The means of early detection and appropriate interventions of impending patient crisis are also discussed. With the information provided, readers will be able to correlate physical findings, monitoring information and laboratory data with the goal of formulating an effective, individualized, and precise management plan for high-risk perioperative, emergency, and ICU patients.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Features extensive updates to treatment measures for patients with cardiovascular disease, pulmonary disease, and shock.
- Includes updated indications for invasive and noninvasive monitoring equipment as supported by current research.
- Discusses new monitoring techniques and their role in critical care.
- Updates critical care pharmacology chapter to include recently approved drugs.
- Concise, easily accessible information makes this a practical bedside companion for the clinician.
- Key information is set apart in tables and boxes for quick reference.
- Clear illustrations highlight key clinical findings.
- Compact trim size allows for portability and convenience.
- The inside front and back covers list anticipated normal hemodynamic and physiologic measurements.
- Distills the most pertinent information from Darovic: Hemodynamic Monitoring: Invasive and Noninvasive Clinical Application, 3e in an easy-to-use format.
By Gloria Oblouk Darovic, RN, CCRN, Lecturer/Consultant, American Medical Education, Inc., San Diego, CA; Staff Nurse, Recovery Room, Clinical Educator, Tri-City Medical Center, Oceanside, CA