Bone and Joint Imaging, 3rd Edition
Over 3,800 exquisite images demonstrate every principle and capture the characteristic presentations of the most frequently encountered disorders. The result is a remarkably thorough, yet focused and pragmatic, source of clinical guidance.
The New Edition updates and distills all of the most important content from Dr. Donald Resnick's 5-volume Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Disorders, 4th Edition into a single, concise source. Together with new co-editor Mark J. Kransdorf, MD, Dr. Resnick and 38 other distinguished experts zero in on the specific, state-of-the-art musculoskeletal imaging and interpretation knowledge practitioners need today.
New to This Edition
- Covers hot topics such as spinal interventional procedures · cartilage imaging · disorders of muscle · diagnostic ultrasonography · internal derangement of joints · target-area approach to articular disorders · rheumatoid arthritis and related diseases · crystal-induced diseases · sports injuries · MR arthrography · and much more.
- Offers an increased emphasis on MR imaging, an increasingly important and versatile diagnostic modality.
- Presents many new illustrations not found in the Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Disorders, 4th Edition 5-volume set.
- Provides 2,900 outstanding images that depict all important concepts, techniques, and findings.
- Represents a highly efficient review source for oral and written radiology examinations, as well as an indispensable reference tool for clinical practice.
"A must as an inclusive reference text for all radiologists and other physicians who are actively involved in the interpretation of the imaging studies of patients who have musculoskeletal disorders." Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
"Second to none as a succinct yet sufficiently comprehensive book on musculoskeletal imaging...It has earned the right to rest on the bookshelves of every radiology resident, general radiologist, and aspiring bone radiologist." Radiology
"Mandatory reading for all diagnostic radiology residents....An invaluable reference for any other physician who regularly deals with musculoskeletal disorders." American Journal of Roentgenology
"It is a pleasure to read a textbook, written by authors with selected contributors, who have not only an in-depth knowledge of the subject, but also who have personally contributed a significant portion of medical literature on the topic... a true authoritative book.
This book succeeds in presenting the essential content of muskuloskeletal imaging in a form manageable for its readers and can, as the authors hope, be read not only as a book to be initially read in its entirety but available for ready consultation in the reading room of radiologists, but also for anyone involved both in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. This book is a must for all in this field." Journal of Clinical Imaging, 2005
"It serves as a review source for radiology examinations and as a reference tool for clinical practice." Biophotonics International, October 2005
By Donald L. Resnick, MD, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Professor of Radiology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA; Mark J. Kransdorf, MD, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL; Professor of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN; Donald L. Resnick, MD, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Professor of Radiology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA and Mark J. Kransdorf, MD, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging, Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, FL; Professor of Radiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN