Bone and Joint Imaging (Expert Consult- Online and Print), 3rd Edition
An efficient review source for oral and written exams and an indispensable reference tool for clinical practiceTable of Contents
New to This Edition
This long-awaited revision is Elsevier’s premier one volume Musculoskeletal Radiology text. Based on the definitive five volume set, Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Disorders, Dr. Resnick has added Mark Kransdorf, a world- renowned soft tissue radiologist as co-editor. This concise synopsis of the field has been completely revised with new chapters on the hottest areas of Musculoskeletal imaging: digital imaging, spinal interventional techniques, cartilage imaging, and disorders of bone. Illustrations include the latest new MR imaging technologies. Perfect for board-review, recertification, and a comprehensive review of the field, this book is all you need to learn the best practices in Musculoskeletal radiology.
- Provides 2,900 outstanding images that depict all important concepts, techniques, and findings.
- Represents a highly efficient review source for oral and written radiology examinations, as well as an indispensable reference tool for clinical practice.
"A must as an inclusive reference text for all radiologists and other physicians who are actively involved in the interpretation of the imaging studies of patients who have musculoskeletal disorders." Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
"Second to none as a succinct yet sufficiently comprehensive book on musculoskeletal imaging...It has earned the right to rest on the bookshelves of every radiology resident, general radiologist, and aspiring bone radiologist." Radiology
"Mandatory reading for all diagnostic radiology residents....An invaluable reference for any other physician who regularly deals with musculoskeletal disorders." American Journal of Roentgenology
"It is a pleasure to read a textbook, written by authors with selected contributors, who have not only an in-depth knowledge of the subject, but also who have personally contributed a significant portion of medical literature on the topic... a true authoritative book.
This book succeeds in presenting the essential content of muskuloskeletal imaging in a form manageable for its readers and can, as the authors hope, be read not only as a book to be initially read in its entirety but available for ready consultation in the reading room of radiologists, but also for anyone involved both in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. This book is a must for all in this field." Journal of Clinical Imaging, 2005
"It serves as a review source for radiology examinations and as a reference tool for clinical practice." Biophotonics International, October 2005
- Covers hot topics such as spinal interventional procedures • cartilage imaging • disorders of muscle • diagnostic ultrasonography • internal derangement of joints • target-area approach to articular disorders • rheumatoid arthritis and related diseases • crystal-induced diseases • sports injuries • MR arthrography • and much more.
- Offers an increased emphasis on MR imaging, an increasingly important and versatile diagnostic modality.
- Presents many new illustrations not found in the Diagnosis of Bone and Joint Disorders, 4th Edition 5-volume set.
By Donald Resnick, MD, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging / Professor of Radiology / University of California, San Diego / San Diego, California; and Mark J. Kransdorf, MD, Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging / Mayo Clinic / Jacksonville, Florida / Professor of Radiology / Mayo Clinic College of Medicine / Rochester, Minnesota