Master Dentistry E-Book, 3rd Edition
|Print - Paperback||
This highly successful series has been specially designed to explore readers' knowledge through an effective process of understanding, learning and self-assessment. This approach allows students to identify their strengths, weaknesses and knowledge gaps and take rapid steps to correct any shortfalls and strengthen core knowledge.
Each chapter begins with an overview of the subject area while brief 'Learning Objectives' are listed at the start of each subsection. Lists are used to set out frameworks and to help the reader put facts into a rational sequence. Tables are used to link quite complex and detailed information whilst techniques used in various procedures are cited in boxes.
To ensure that the reader is meeting the required standard, the final section of each chapter enables a check on knowledge or understanding. Questions are designed to integrate knowledge from across different chapters and to focus on the decisions the student will have to make in a clinical situation.
This third edition of Master Dentistry addresses the restorative, paediatric and orthodontic aspects of dentistry and is particularly suitable for undergraduate students, vocational trainees and those preparing for post-graduate examinations such as the MJDF in the UK or international equivalent, and the ORE.
New to This Edition
- Law & Ethics Chapter has been awarded second postgraduate prize in the Dental Protection/Schülke 2012 Premier Awards
- Reflects changes with regards to registration examinations, the development of specialist lists and the Overseas Registration Examination
- Fully revised self-assessment material provided in the form of MCQs, EMQs, case histories, short notes, data interpretation, viva questions and picture questions - all of which integrate knowledge from across different chapters and focus the reader on decisions they will take in a given clinical situation
- Information presented in a style which facilitates easy recall for examination purposes and a ready understanding of the subject
- Key facts are highlighted and principles of diagnosis and management emphasised
- Gives the reader a 'feel for the subject' and details essential communication skills
- Offers practical guidance on how to prepare for exams and make best use of the time available
- Perfect for BDS exam preparation and candidates taking the MJDF, ORE or other post-graduate exams
By Peter Heasman, BDS MDS FDSRCPS PhD DRDRCS, Professor of Periodontology, Newcastle University, UK