The Clinician's Handbook of Natural Medicine, 3rd Edition
Written by leading authorities in complementary and integrative medicine, this convenient, quick-reference handbook provides clear and rational directives on diagnosing and treating specific diseases and disorders with natural medicine. You'll get concise summaries of diagnostic procedures, general considerations, therapeutic considerations, and therapeutic approaches for 84 of the most commonly seen conditions, 12 of which are new to this edition, plus naturopathic treatment methods and easy-to-follow condition flowcharts. Based on Pizzorno's trusted Textbook of Natural Medicine and the most current evidence available, it's your key to accessing reliable, natural diagnosis and treatment options in any setting.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- 12 NEW chapters enhance your treatment knowledge and understanding with information on important and newly emerging treatments and areas of interest, including:
- Hair Loss in Women
- Hyperventilation Syndrome
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Intestinal Protozoan Infestation
- Lichen Planus
- Parkinson's Disease
- Proctological Conditions
- Uterine Fibroids
- Each chapter is fully updated to reflect the content of the latest edition of Pizzorno's Textbook of Natural Medicine and keep you current on the safest and most effective natural interventions.
- Expert authorship lends credibility to information.
- Scientifically verified content assures the most reliable coverage of diagnostic and natural treatment methods.
- Over 80 algorithms synthesize therapeutic content and provide support for your clinical judgment with a conceptual overview of case management.
- The book's compact size makes it portable for easy reference in any setting.
- A consistent organization saves you time and helps you make fast, accurate diagnoses.
By Joseph E. Pizzorno, Jr., ND, President Emeritus, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, USA; Michael T. Murray, ND, Faculty, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, USA and Herb Joiner-Bey, ND, Naturopathic Physician, WA