Foundations for Health Promotion , 4th Edition
Not Yet Published
The new edition of the highly successful Foundations for Health Promotion continues to offer a wealth of information in a unique, user-friendly format. Containing over 300 artworks, tables and 'pull out' boxes, this helpful text covers the theory, strategies and methods, settings and implementation of health promotion. Applicable to a wide range of health and social care professionals and anyone engaged with education about health and wellbeing.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Comprehensively updated and expanded to reflect major organizational and policy changes
- Interactive learning activities with indicative answers at the end of each chapter
- 'Pull out' boxes illustrate recent research findings and case studies of practice
- Comprehensive updating and expansion to reflect recent research findings and major organizational and policy changes
- Clear structure and signposting for ease of reading and study
- Wide choice of examples and illustrative case studies reflect the needs of a variety of professional groups in health services, local and municipal services and education
- Ineractive learning activities with indicative answers help readers consolidate their learning
"This is a comprehensive, user-friendly book, discussing the foundations for health promotion practice using many relevant practical examples, activities and discussion points... This book would comprise a useful resource for those wishing to develop their health promotion practice by considering the theory, policies and principles behind the practice of health promotion."
Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics, 2009
''The text includes interactive exercises that are designed to encourage readers to reflect on their values, debate the issues and apply their knowledge and understanding to practice situation. In summary, this is a comprehensive, user-friendly book, discussing the foundations for health promotion practice using many relevant practical examples, activities and discussion points.''
Foundations for Health Promotion, J Naidoo
By Jennie Naidoo, BSc, MSc, PGDip, PGCE, Principal Lecturer, Health Promotion and Public Health, University of the West of England, Bristol, UK and Jane Wills, BA, MA, MSc, PGCE, Professor of Health Promotion, London South Bank University, London, UK