Equine Applied and Clinical Nutrition E-Book
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
Equine Applied and Clinical Nutrition is a comprehensive text resource on the nutrition and feeding management of horses. Over 20 experts from around the world share their wisdom on a topic of central relevance to all equine practitioners and the equine community generally. Both basic and applied (including healthy and diseased animals) nutrition and feeding management of horses and other equids (i.e. ponies, donkeys, wild equids) are covered. The book will appeal to a wide audienc: undergraduate and post-graduate students in equine science and veterinary medicine, veterinarians, equine nutritionists, horse trainers and owners. The clinical component will strengthen the appeal for equine veterinarians. Equine Applied and Clinical Nutrition will be a "must have" for anyone involved in the care of horses, ponies and other equids.
The book is divided into 3 parts:
- Basic or core nutrition in this context refers to digestive physiology of the horse and the principles of nutrition.
- Applied nutrition deals with the particular types of foods, and how to maintain an optimum diet through various life stages of the horse. You might characterize this aspect as prevention of disease through diet.
- Clinical nutrition covers various diseases induced by poor diet, and their dietary treatment and management. It also looks at specific feeding regimes useful in cases disease not specifically induced by diet.
- Authoritative, international contributions
- Strong coverage of clinical aspects either omitted from or only sparsely dealt with elsewhere
- Full colour throughout
- The only clinical equine nutrition book
By Raymond J. Geor, BVSc, MVSc, PhD
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Large Animal)
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Nutrition (Honorary)
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation, Professor and Chairperson, Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, USA; Manfred Coenen, DrMed Vet, PhD, Diplomate, European College Veterinary Clinical Nutrition, Professor and Patricia Harris, MA, PhD, Vet MB, MRCVS, Diplomate, European College of Veterinary Clinical Nutrition, Director of Science MARS Horsecare and Head of Equine Studies group WALTHAM Centre for Pet nutrition; Diplomate European college of Veterinary Clinical and Comparative Nutrition