The Complete Textbook of Veterinary Nursing, 2nd Edition
Please note that due to a system merger our fulfilment system will be down beginning September 22nd with an anticipated date to begin shipping orders October 10th. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience by offering you a special 20% discount on select products. Please use Promotional Code 12760. Click here for promotion details.
The Complete Textbook of Veterinary Nursing has established itself as a recommended standard text for all veterinary nurses. It is designed both to satisfy the requirements of the syllabus studied by all student veterinary nurses and to provide a wide range of information for qualified nurses working in veterinary practice. This new second edition has been updated and revised to align it perfectly with the needs of a new generation of students.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Improved website offers a range of film clips of essential procedures, introduced and narrated by Victoria Aspinall - plus comprehensive test-yourself questions in both study and assessment modes.
- All chapters revised and updated in line with changes in legislation, knowledge and current practical techniques.
- Brand new chapters on Ethics and Welfare, Communication and Physiotherapy.
- New section on Nursing Care Models to provide veterinary nurses with the necessary information to use this concept in their own practices.
- Dog behaviour chapter updated and revised to reflect the latest thinking about the process of domestication of the dog and its relevance to training methods.
- Additional photographs added throughout for enhanced understanding and clarity.
- Entire text accessible as an e-book with full note-making, referencing and search functionality.
• Comprehensive content endorsed by all leading course providers
• Full colour illustrations for maximum clarity
• Written by veterinary nurses for veterinary nurses
• Additional online resources to maximize learning potential
"Not just a textbook, The Complete Textbook of Veterinary Nursing is a multimedia study guide using 'PageBurst', an interactive website accessible only by using theunique code printed in each book, it contains 35 videos of key procedures, as well as extensive support materials...Diagrams are clear, easy to understand, are complemented by equations, tables, graphs, and full colour images...All in all this is an essential textbook for all working in the veterinary industry as it offers a straightforward and clear perspective for a modern veterinary practice."
Vet Marketing, November 2011
"It focuses on all range of animals, such as dogs, cats and horses. The book covers animal behavior and treatment, handling animals, first aid surgery as wells touching upon the basic subjects as anatomy, breeding, dentistry, analgesia.
It is a British learning and reference book for the veterinary nurse, and is therefore of importance in practice for the veterinary staff In almost every veterinary discipline."
Dier-an-Art, November 2011
"BRIGHT, appealing and concise! This second edition provides an inviting, fresh approach to the ever-increasing demand for knowledge underpinning veterinary nursing. The chapters are laid out well and many are complemented by bright and excellent quality illustrations...It is pleasing to see a textbook that continues to provide up-to-date information. It is further complemented by the provision of some online chapters, narrated videos and extensive multiple-choice questions. These tools help meet the variety of educational needs of student veterinary nurses in current training, as well providing a reference and updates for registered veterinary nurses and lecturers"
Veterinary Record, November 2011
"The book covers the standard veterinary nurse syllabus which means that you will find 'everything you need to know' in it... The book comes with a website where the reader can find videos showing most practical techniques but also a self-assessment questionnaire (good for revising!) and additional text. In other words: A MUST!"
Vet Nurses Today, April 2014
By Victoria Aspinall, BVSc, MRCVS, Director, Abbeydale Vetlink Veterinary Training, Gloucester, UK