Underwood's Pathology E-Book, 6th Edition
|(With Adobe DRM, readable with Adobe Digital Editions for PCs and Macs, and on most mobile devices except Kindle)|
|Print - Paperback||$79.95|
Underwood's Pathology (formerly General and Systematic Pathology) is an internationally popular and highly acclaimed textbook, written and designed principally for students of medicine and the related health sciences. Pathology is presented in the context of modern cellular and molecular biology and contemporary clinical practice. After a clear introduction to basic principles, it provides comprehensive coverage of disease mechanisms and the pathology of specific disorders ordered by body system. An unrivalled collection of clinical photographs, histopathology images and graphics complement the clear, concise text.
For this sixth edition, the entire book has been revised and updated. Well liked features to assist problem-based learning - including body diagrams annotated with signs, symptoms and diseases and a separate index of common clinical problems - have been retained and refereshed.
Additional value is provided by the complementary online version - hosted on studentconsult.com - which includes the complete, fully searchable text, downloadable images, clinical case studies and a revised, interactive self-assessment section to check your understanding and aid exam preparation. This all combines to make Underwood's an unsurpassed learning package in this fascinating and most central medical specialty.
New to This Edition
- New co-editor, Dr Simon Cross.
- Structure of chapters revised to make the book much easier to use during courses that are problem- or case-based.
- Several new contributors and re-written chapters.
- Expanded International Advisory Board.
- Contents perfectly matches needs of medical students.
- Very clinical approach is ideally suited to integrated courses.
- Each organ system chapter begins with a brief review of normal structure and function, emphasizing aspects that are important to an understanding of the subsequently discussed disease processes.
- Offers an unrivalled superb collection of clinical photographs, histopathology images, and graphics, approximately 700 in all, that richly depict the appearance of both healthy and diseased tissues.
- Extensive International Advisory Board validates contents.
By Simon Cross, MD FRCPath, Professor of Diagnostic Pathology and Honorary Consultant Histopathologist, Academic Unit of Pathology, Department of Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK