Miller's Anesthesia, 2-Volume Set, 8th Edition
Expert Consult Online and Print
NOT YET PUBLISHED
From fundamental principles to advanced subspecialty procedures, Miller’s Anesthesia covers the full scope of contemporary anesthesia practice. This go-to medical reference book offers masterful guidance on the technical, scientific, and clinical challenges you face each day, in addition to providing the most up-to-date information available for effective board preparation.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay current on today's most recent anesthetic drugs and guidelines/protocols for anesthetic practice and patient safety, and access expanded coverage on new techniques such as TEE and other monitoring procedures.
- Remain at the forefront of new developments in anesthesia with coverage of hot topics including Non-OR Anesthesia; Role of the Anesthesiologist in Disasters; Sleep Medicine in Anesthesia; Perioperative and Anesthesia-related Neurotoxicity; Anesthetic Implications of Complementary and Alternative Medicine; and Robotics.
- Study brand-new chapters on Perioperative Fluid Management; Extracorporeal Support Therapies; Anesthesia for Organ Donation/Procurement; and Malignant Hyperthermia and other Genetic Disorders.
- Conveniently search the full text, references, tables, and index online at Expert Consult, and access regular updates, related websites, and an expanded collection of procedural videos.
- Address the unique needs of pediatric patients with guidance from an entire section on pediatric anesthesia.
- View more than 1,500 full-color illustrations for enhanced visual clarity.
- Access step-by-step instructions for patient management, as well as an in-depth analysis of ancillary responsibilities and problems.
- Quickly reference important concepts with ‘Key Points’ boxes integrated into every chapter.
"Miller’s Anesthesia could serve as a model for how to assemble a multi-authored text that is fresh, comprehensive, precise and articulate in content." - C. Philip Larson Jr., M.D., Review of the last edition
By Ronald D. Miller, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, Professor of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California
; Lars I. Eriksson, Professor and Academic Chair, Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
; Lee Fleisher, MD, Robert Dunning Dripps Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Professor of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
; Jeanine P. Wiener-Kronish, MD, Henry Isaiah Dorr Professor of Research and Teaching in Anaesthetics and Anaesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Anesthetist-in-Chief, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
and Neal H Cohen, MD, Professor , Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California