Glaucoma, 2nd Edition
As the irreversible effects of glaucoma can lead to blindness, there is high demand for early diagnosis and an ongoing need for practitioners to adopt new and evolving medical and surgical treatment options to improve patient outcomes. Glaucoma, Second Edition is the most comprehensive text and online resource in the field delivering expert guidance for the most timely and effective diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma - aimed at specialists, fellows and general ophthalmologists. More than 300 contributors from six continents provide a truly global perspective and explore new approaches in this user friendly reference which has been updated with enhanced images, more spotlights, new videos, and more.Table of Contents
New to This Edition
- Stay at the forefront of your field with 10 brand new chapters on trending topics including: new surgical approaches such as trabectome and canoplasty; glaucoma implications in cataract and ocular surface disease; and, updates in the costs-effectiveness of medical management.
- Avoid pitfalls and achieve the best outcomes thanks to more than 40 brand new spotlight commentaries from key leaders providing added insight, tips and pearls of wisdom across varying hot topics and advances in the field.
- Refine and improve your surgical skills by watching over 50 video clips depicting the latest techniques and procedures including: new trabeculectomy methods, needling, implants, valve complications, and more.
- Prevent and plan for complications in advance by examining over 1,600 illustrations, photos and graphics (1,250 in color) capturing essential diagnostics techniques, imaging methods and surgical approaches.
- Grasp each procedure and review key steps quickly with chapter summary boxes that provide at-a-glance quick comprehension of the key take away points.
- Get all the accuracy, expertise, and dependability you could ask for from leading specialists across six continents, for expert guidance and a fresh understanding of the subject.
- Develop a thorough, clinically relevant understanding of all aspects of adult and pediatric glaucoma in Volume One, and the latest diagnostic imaging techniques including ultrasound biomicroscopy and optical coherence tomography.
- Broaden your surgical repertoire with the latest surgical techniques - such as trabeculectomy, gonio-surgery, combined surgeries, and implant procedures - in Volume Two.
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information about stem cell research, gene transfer, and implants.
- Find answers fast thanks to a well-organized, user-friendly full-color layout.
- Access the complete contents online at Expert Consult.
"This book is truly a monumental work of immense usefulness to ophthalmologists and optometrists, and trainees in eye disease management at all levels. The editors and the 300+ authors of the second edition of this two-volume book deserve kudos for the hard work they put to create this outstanding, authoritative, and comprehensive book." ~Nano Khilnani
By Tarek M. Shaarawy, MD, MSc, Privat Docent, University of Geneva; Consultant Ophthalmologist and Head, Glaucoma Sector, Ophthalmology Service, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland; Mark B. Sherwood, FRCP, FRCOphth, Daniels Professor, Departments of Ophthalmology and Cell Biology, Director of Vision Research Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA; Roger A. Hitchings, FRCOphth, Professor of Glaucoma and Allied Studies, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Glaucoma Unit, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
and Jonathan G. Crowston, PhD, FRCOphth, FRANZCO, Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Melbourne, Centre for Eye Research Australia, Royal Victorian Eye & Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia